Huonville is situated on the banks of the Huon River approximately 35 kilometres south of Hobart and is the major town of the region. Surrounded by farmland, apple orchards and the beautiful mountain range of Sleeping Beauty, the township is wrapped in scenery. Take your time to explore the township and the river esplanade area. You will find plenty of cafes, giftshops, post office, petrol stations, a major supermarket, banks, library, doctors and other services in the town.
Huon Valley Visitor Centre is located on the Huon highway (A6) just before you drive into Huonville, making it the perfect stop to gather information and make bookings before travelling further into the region.
The perfect spot to take a walk alongside the Huon river and offers:
- Easy parking
- BBQ (electric) and picnic facilities – seating, sheltered areas, tables.
- Childrens fenced playground
- Public toilets with disabled access
- Boat ramp
- RV dump point
- Walking track – Skinners Drive Track
What to see
- Visit The Apple Shed – cider tastings and history of the apple industry.
- Come and see us at the Huon Valley Visitor Centre.
- Experience the Huon Jet Boat and paddle boats on the esplanade.
- Try some wines at Home Hill Winery Restaurant.
- Visit The Honey Pot for a free tasting of local honey and view the working beehive – located 2 minutes out of town to the north.
- Visit the local shops, cafes and art gallery.